RG-3 - In - a - Row!
My colleagues/family/friends/pets are so tired of hearing this phrase since Monday night, but after beating our third divisional foe in 15 days, I can’t help myself!
There were so many positives to take away from this game:
· Skins only had 4 penalties, and no one will ever convince me that was offensive pass interference against Paulson in the 4th quarter.
· Our Defense actually made halftime adjustments. The Giants moved at will in the first half, but Haslett’s boys stepped up in the second half, pressuring Eli and holding their offense to only three points.
· The O-line was great. Not only did we have over 200 yards rushing, but NY had zero sacks! The blocking on the clock-killing final drive was vintage Redskins.
· Kai Forbath. I know he didn’t do anything spectacular, but it is so cool to finally have a reliable kicker. And he did make the 33 yarder after Tirico said on air he had yet to miss in a Skins uniform, which is typically the kiss of death!
· Our Offense . . . need I say more? Except how great is Alfred Morris, and who knew just how valuable Pierre Garcon would be to this Offense?
This week we take on a Ravens team that seems to have hit a wall. Two weeks ago they converted a miracle 4th and 29 to take the lowly Chargers to OT, and last week let a 10-point lead at home to the Charlie Batch led Steelers slip away. They rely very heavily on the run, which plays to our strength, and the Ravens will be without Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs on Defense, which should help RG3 and company move the ball.
A month ago I thought this game would be a blowout for
It is so nice to be playing relevant football again in December!
Interesting little side note: Monday night’s win was our first over the NYG on MNF since the – everyone turn away and cringe – Joe Theismann/Lawrence Taylor leg incident in 1985.
HAIL! ......................................Mary Priddy
In The News..........
Pepsi Max Rookie of the Week ~ Winner Week #12
Nominee, Week #13
3rd week in a row; 6th time this season!
On The 2013 Pro Bowl Ballot
RG3's Jersey & Cleats Sent to Hall of Fame.....
Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III is headed for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
The rookie today gave his game-worn jersey and cleats from Monday night’s game against the New York Giants to a representative from the Hall of Fame, just two days after he broke Cam Newton’s single-season rookie record for rushing yards by a quarterback.
Jason Aikens from the Pro Football Hall of Fame said Griffin III’s jersey and cleats will be on display at the “Pro Football Today Gallery.”
“His jersey will join other Hall of Famers from Redskins past such as Sammy Baugh and Sonny Jurgensen,” Aikens said. “So he’s in really rare company.”
Griffin III said it was “awesome” to know that a part of him will be on display in Canton.
“Everyone wants to be in the Hall of Fame, so we’re in there,” Griffin III said with a laugh. “But I’ve got a long career, preferably, and this is only the first step. It’s an honor to have my jersey and my cleats — when they are very dirty — in the Hall of Fame.”
Griffin III rushed for 72 yards on five carries in Monday night’s 17-16 win over the Giants. He now has 714 rushing yards this season, setting an NFL record for rushing yards by a rookie quarterback, a record formerly held by Carolina’s Newton, who had 706 in his rookie campaign a year ago.
S P E C I A L R A F F L E !!
Framed RGIII Photo
taken at the Baylor v. Texas Game in 2011
Photo size 11 X 14; Frame size 20 X 24
This beautiful photo was taken by Jerry Miron,
Burgundy & Gold Fan Club Member and devoted Redskins Fan,
and was used for RGIII's official Rookie Card!
#10 RGIII Jersey
Nike [replica] Burgundy Griffin III
Raffle tickets are $5 each, and will be sold at this game (see Linda for tickets).
The two (2)Winners will be pulled following the Raffle.
You must be present at the game to win.
2012 CLUB T-SHIRTS!
~ ~ LAST CHANCE ~ ~